My Gammill

April 10, 2011

Easter Egg Holders

I love egg holders. I lived in Germany when I was a young girl and learned to eat my egg from an egg cup. I have very fond memories of eating breakfast... eggs, bread with marmalade, slices of cheese... Hmmm! Hmmm! Hmmm!

So, I found directions to make your own egg cups out of wire. I like the look and decided to share them with you. I will have to find time this week to try making some. I'll let you know how they turn out.

This article came from Lemon Tree Creations blog, from March 29, 2011.


"We had some fun with our Easter eggs last year and we made special holders for them too that were easy  enough for my 4 year old to be involved and fun enough to make a bunch so I wanted to share them with you!
I got this idea straight out of Martha Stewart Living. It was super easy and cheap. It cost me $2 to get a roll of 20 gauge wire from Hobby Lobby. I made 9 holders and have tons of wire left so you get a lot for just $2. A pen was too tiny for the loops so I wrapped the wire around a glue stick and a screwdriver too. I made about 6 loops around and then cut the end."
"You then flatten the loops and make a circle the size you need and attach the ends by making another loop."
"None of mine look exactly alike, they all came out unique, which is part of the fun! Love these. I always enjoy a basket full of colored eggs, but am loving this new stand-up way of showing off your eggs."


"For the egg in the picture above, I just applied a rub-on letter.  That was the super simple method and not nearly as fun as coloring them, but still cute enough for display. 
For the eggs in the picture below, we applied stickers to the eggs before dipping into the color. After the eggs dried, I removed the stickers and there you have fun designs all over! I had way too much fun with this making polka-dot, monogrammed, alphabet, and striped eggs." 

No comments: