My Gammill

August 16, 2011

Register Tape Paper Piecing

I love to go to quilterscache.com to see what new quilt blocks or ideas that Marcia Hohn has posted. Today I read about a very fun, creative and frugal idea...Register Tape Paper Piecing. This is the idea that she shared. I rather like it!


 "I (Marcia) started a futzy little quilting project yesterday-Register Tape Paper Piecing. Yeah it's a little silly, but who cares! LOL! While at work these past few months I kept running into the situation that the roll of register tape would show pink when it was running low. You would then change the tape ASAP after that happened rather than run out of tape during a transaction. This kept leaving me with small rolls of paper--still enough to do "something" with. It drove me crazy to just toss them...so home they came! I am just doing endless paper piecing with scraps...then will iron, and cut off evenly with the edge of the tape = instant piano key borders or sashing strips. It appeals to my frugal side. LOL!"




Isn't that great? Then you will have borders or sashing ready to go whenever you need it. I am impressed with Marcia's idea!

No comments: