My Gammill

August 09, 2007

Montana Cartwheel




I love this pattern! It is so much fun to make! I took a class at one of my favorite quilt stores, Momma Made It in Longview, WA, where I learned to make this quilt, "Montana Cartwheel" by The Quilt Gallery in Kalispell, MT. It has become my signature quilt for my quilting business, Best Friends Quilting. It isn't a very hard pattern. Really! The points/spikes are foundation pieced and the other pieces are cut from a pattern shape. I started the blocks in the class and finished the top... a king-sized quilt... in five weeks! I was so excited to see what the next block would look like that I couldn't stop sewing until it was finished!

2 comments:

quiltk said...

HI Robin, Claudia and I are resurrecting the Montana Cartwheel class and I'm referring everyone to your site! We had so much fun seeing all the amazing quilts that came out of this class. Hope all is well with you, Kathy

Robert said...

Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. best heart care hospital in Hyderabad