My Gammill

August 05, 2011

This is what I am currently working on...

While I was in Washington, I worked on the arches for my next Montana Cartwheel. I had imagined a red and white quilt that was inspired by the 651 red and white quilts that were on display in New York. I have an old posting from March about it on my blog. So, I finished the 50 arches and begin to audition the reds that I had cut out for the other parts of the block and realized that it was TOO BORING! I love the reds but it just needed more pizazz!

So, that meant a trip to my favorite quilt store, Momma Made It, in Longview, WA. I found a piece of fabric that I loved! It is Antique Fair by Blackbird Designs for Moda fabrics.


I love the floral with muted blue, reds, creams and tans. I am not loving the wrinkles in the fabric in the picture. They weren't like that when I took the picture! Really!

I will take some pictures of a few blocks that I have already pieced and post them for you soon.

No comments: