My Gammill

June 02, 2012

African Quilt

This is Sheila's African Quilt, inspired by and made with some fabrics actually purchased in Africa, 
plus some purchased at Fabric Depot in Portland, OR. 

The pantograph used on the quilt is called, "Triangle Transit" by Marjorie Busby

This is one of the African fabrics. It was purchased in Cameroon.
It was the inspiration for the color and fabric choices for the quilt.

This is another of the African fabrics. And, this one was purchased in Ghana.

This fabric was purchased at a quilt show in Portland, OR 
from a booth that sold African fabrics. I don't know where it is from but I really like it.

The quilt pattern is "Hip to Be Square". One of my most favorite patterns!
It is so versatile. 

It is a simple quilt pattern and can be used with any fabric. 
These are a few of my favorite fabric combinations for the blocks.

It is a wonderful quilt! And so colorful and so happy!

No comments: