My Gammill

August 21, 2015

Red and White Churn Dash Blocks

Okay, let's get back to work! But, quilting is never work, right? It's lots of fun!

I am currently working on several projects. One of them is a red and white Churn Dash quilt.


I love red and white quilts! They are just such happy quilts!

This quilt is from allpeoplequilt.com.
The pattern is free!

My sister, Jann and I has a Churn-Dash-Fest a few weeks ago and made 120 of the quilt blocks!
We divided them between us and each took home 60 to use in a quilt someday. 
It was a lot of fun to see them all together. Fun, don't you think?


The pattern that I have been working on is from 
Carla is a member of a Modern Quilt Group and likes to work with fun, crazy, modern fabrics. 
I really enjoy looking at what she is doing. It inspires me.

I'm working with fabrics that are more traditional. There are some fun, crazy fabrics in these blocks, too. There are chevrons, stripes, polka dots and even some coke bottles!
Do you see the coke bottle shape?



I have been thinking about how to use the blocks... what layout to use.
These are a few of my ideas.




None of these feel quite right, yet.
Something more needs to be added.
Some twist that would make it extra-special and exciting.

No comments: