My Gammill

September 02, 2015

Fiddlesticks Quilt Store

Another project that I"m currently working on is a crazy, fun one for me. I was recently at a quilt store in Vancouver, WA, called Fiddlesticks. It is an amazing store. It is my new favorite store! While shopping there with my sister, Jann and my Mother, Sheila, I spied a pattern that I loved but I didn't buy it. It haunted me all night! Haunted me! I couldn't sleep for thinking about and planning that quilt! So, the next morning, when I saw Jann, I said, "I have to go back to Fiddlesticks today. I have to buy that pattern!" Jann laughed and said, "Me, too!" She had seen several patterns that she loved and didn't buy. Do you see a life pattern here? So, we went back to Fiddlesticks! We had been there when it closed the night before and then we were back shortly after it opened in the morning.

This the pattern that I couldn't get out of my head.

X&+ by Zen Chic
I love her patterns and fabrics!

This is the fabric kit that I bought, with the pattern in it.
It is Kaffe Fassett fabric!
I have never sewn with his fabrics before. They are so scary!
But, I'm loving working with them. They are such HAPPY fabric!
I chose a white with black for the background. It is Stitched Squares from Micheal Miller.



This is a little thing that I like to do when I'm sewing half square triangles.
I sew another stitching line on the other side of half square triangle sewing line, to create another, smaller, half square triangle. I use the smaller one to make a cute border for the same quilt. OR, I use it to create another quilt! If you save up enough of these smaller half square triangles, 
eventually you will have a whole scrappy Half Square Triangle quilt!

I trim each of them down to a 2" square and then sewed them together to create a Pinwheel block.

Aren't they sweet?

The background fabric that I am using for this quilt is 
Michael Miller Stitched Squares.
I love the whole line of Stitched Squares and Stitched Circles!

No comments: